Farnsworth Avenue Bridge Improvement

The Farnsworth Avenue bridge project that starts Tuesday is truly a case of killing two birds with one stone.

The $4.5 million project, funded 80 percent by federal funds with the other 20 percent coming from Aurora motor fuel tax money, will address long-time major flooding along Farnsworth in the area, and also many storm sewer breakdowns and water main breaks in that stretch.