New Beachfront Park Highlights Right Whale Migration
Bay Drive Park
Crawford, Murphy & Tilly (CMT) was the design engineer for the site civil for Bay Drive Park, located at the end of Bay Drive which lies between Washington Oakes Gardens State Park and Sea Colony, east of State Road A1A. The Project consisted of new park facilities on an approximately 18-acre parcel of land. The design scope included:
- Entrance feature, water fountain, benches, shaded pavilion, brick pavers, observation deck, paddling trail and recognition signage, interpretation kiosks, planting areas, bike racks, sports court (bocci) and horseshoe pit,
- Sidewalk from adjacent neighborhood to park site, paved access road on-site and parking area on-site, multi-use trail, dune crossover and boardwalk for beach access,
- Decorative/pedestrian safety lighting including the entrance, restroom, access road on-site, multi-use trail and parking areas,
- Stormwater drainage improvements on-site related to the project and 7-acre retention/detention pond for flood control and drainage issues in Marineland Acres,
- Electric power service and distribution for the project,
- Sanitary sewer and pump station and potable water main extension and services for restroom and outdoor shower area, and
- Landscape buffering between the park, the Sea Colony subdivision and other adjacent residential areas.
CMT provided design engineering services to develop plans and technical specifications related to the site civil design and incorporated the architectural plans and technical specifications including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, building structure as well as landscape and other structure plans and technical specifications into the construction documents and provided associated permitting needed for the County to seek bids and contract for construction for Bay Drive Park.
This is a beautiful park. It’s been a long time coming for our residents in Flagler County. The project team did a fabulous job.