CWLP Chemical Feed Building Addition
CWLP New Chlorine Storage Building West Elevation View
CWLP New Chlorine Storage South Elevation View
CWLP New Chlorine Storage South Elevation View with Bulk Ferrous Sulfate Tanks
Chemical Facility Expansion and Modernization
Chemical Feed Building Addition
CWLP chose Crawford, Murphy & Tilly (CMT) to lead the study and design of several new facilities including the expansion of its existing chemical feed systems, that increased storage capacity and consolidated chemical feed operations. Project benefits include back-up chemical feed systems, reduced cost for chemicals purchased in bulk and improved worker safety for the 46 MGD plant.
Space limitations and CWLP’s desire to connect the new expansion to the existing treatment plant building presented many design challenges. The new enclosed walkway between the two facilities crosses over a 12-foot-wide open water channel carrying lake water to be treated at a rate of 15,000 gallons per minute on an average day. The new building overlooks three 70-foot and two 80-foot-diameter solids contact clarifiers which are the first stage of treatment. CMT architects designed the building expansion to match seamlessly with the existing 1936 building in every way.
- Back-up chemical application systems.
- Reduced cost of chemicals purchased in bulk.
- Improved safety.
- Enlargement and consolidation of bulk chemical storage.
- Truck unloading areas with improved security and safety features.
- New operators’ water laboratory.
- Electrical Mortor Control Center (MCC) upgrade with state-of-the-art components.
- State-of-the-art meeting facility.