Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) at CMT
At CMT, we welcome, value, and celebrate the varied and diverse backgrounds, lived experiences, and perspectives of our team members, our partners, and the clients we serve.
- Treating each other with empathy, compassion, and respect
- Intentionally seeking diversity of thought and recognizing its value in our lives and work
- Applying our commitment to continuous improvement to our workplace culture, with a strong focus on community, opportunity, and belonging
CMT’s DEI Mission
Demonstrations of CMT’s Diversity Leadership
- 2019 Women and Transportation Society of Greater Indianapolis Woman of the Year (Cassie Reiter, pictured)
- 2017 MoDOT External Civil Rights Division Consultant of the Year Award
- 2016 Women and Transportation Society Rosa Parks Diversity Leadership Award
- 2013 and 2017 MoDOT External Civil Rights Division Consultant of the Year Award
- CMT board representation on the US Minority Contractors Association
- In 2012, the Illinois Black Chamber of Commerce presented the firm with its Outstanding Business of the Year Award for CMT’s work in promoting minority student involvement in the civil engineering and construction industry.
- CMT was one of the first participants in the Illinois Department of Transportation’s On-The-Job Training Program, which assists minority and under-privileged individuals’ return to work as Construction Inspectors.
A Note from CMT’s DEI Committee Chair & CEO Dan Meckes and President Bill Bailey
At CMT, people are the heart of the company. Our core values and culture promote the thought and behavior of inclusion and diversity. We understand that a diverse workforce is a more creative and productive workforce. Diversity will continue to make us stronger. We use our unique perspectives to serve clients, striving for excellence and high performance in all we do.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) is a core tenet of our company culture, molding our approach to serving clients, bolstering our working relationships with colleagues across the CMT footprint, and shaping the future of our organization. Over the years, we have been aware of the positive impacts a diverse workforce has on our business, but at CMT, we also recognize there is more we can do. This means we are open to improving and changing, and we are ready and willing to listen.
At CMT, we have made and continue to make a formal commitment to our DEI efforts, with the intentional creation of an employee-led DEI committee and Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to help advance our efforts. We are committed to ensuring our team members feel safe, listened to, and comfortable expressing ideas and thoughts.
As you continue to read and learn more about CMT, we hope you see our commitment to improving our communities and the world around us and understand that we realize DEI work is a journey, not a final destination. CMT is dedicated to that ongoing effort in pursuit of a more equitable and inclusive future.