As air traffic recovers from the severe and sudden drop in demand as a result of COVID-19, Crawford, Murphy & Tilly (CMT) took a deep dive into unique data from the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) to better understand exactly what the recovery is looking like to date. This dataset allows us to look at the throughput through every TSA checkpoint in the country. We compared this both to prior year data and lined it up with scheduled seat capacity information from Airline Data Inc. to understand how traffic volumes are impacted by ongoing capacity changes. Through extensive analysis, we found that the recovery so far is favoring low-cost airlines, particularly Allegiant and smaller airports.
10 Most Recent
- CMT Welcomes Zachary Rieth
- “Lower Meramec Wastewater Treatment Facility,” article by CMT’s Rick Huber in MWEA’s “Current” Newsletter
- CMT Welcomes R. Lee Fearn
- Can-raderie Meets Charity: CMT’s Can-struction Competition!
- CMT Welcomes Lindsey Anderson
- CMT Welcomes Samantha Boone
- CMT Welcomes Elizabeth Porterfield
- CMT Welcomes David Prock
- CMT Welcomes Wade Cumpton
- CMT Welcomes Lane Rumple